How To Treat Ringworm In Dogs and Puppies With Banixx
How to treat Ringworm in Dogs and Puppies with Banixx
Ringworm is a common type of fungal skin infection in dogs that can cause a lot of issues for your four-legged friend. It usually takes the form of small, round, pink, hairless patches of skin that may also have sores, bumps or scabs present. Although it typically doesn’t cause itching or pain, it’s highly contagious and can result in extensive hair loss if left untreated. If you’re wondering how to treat ringworm in dogs, the good news is that Banixx provides a powerful yet gentle solution. Note: ringworm is an opportunistic ailment. It flourishes easily in young animals/puppies due to their immature immune systems. Many pups simply outgrow it without much fuss but its not a subject to ignore-please read on:
Treating ringworm in dogs with Banixx is safe, easy and highly effective.
All you need to do is follow five simple steps:
- Spray Banixx liberally on your dog's affected area using disposable gloves (so that you don't get ringworm). Banixx must make direct contact with the dog's ringworm area to be effective.
- Apply two to three times daily on your dog's affected area for several days, or as needed. Canine ringworm treatment may last as long as two to three weeks, so be patient — it's not a quick fix. To make this process more pleasant for your dog, consider running warm water over the Banixx Pet Care bottle so that the spray is at room temperature, rather than cold, when you spray it on your dog’s skin.
- After each use, dispose of the gloves to prevent the spread of infection. Note: Because ringworm in dogs is so contagious, it is of utmost importance to treat your dog's entire environment. Read on for suggestions on how to do this.
- Wash his bedding and grooming brushes in a bleach solution and spray his environment with a dog-friendly product (such as apple cider vinegar or baking soda) to get rid of ringworm fungal spores. Note: Lysol is not recommended for use around dogs.
- Be vigilant and check your dog regularly for signs of ringworm to help avoid this annoying, prolific fungus problem. If you suspect it, then a quick trip to your veterinarian is recommended. Please note: Your dog is more susceptible to contracting it in public places such as dog parks, boarding kennels, the groomer, and dog-friendly stores. Hence, after exposure to any of these environments, be on special watch for any signs. As mentioned earlier, it’s not uncommon to find this in puppies due to the lack of maturity in their immune system. Likewise, with older dogs, whose immune system may not be functioning at 100%, it can be more of an issue.
Because a ringworm infection can result in total hair loss, obvious signs of healing (in terms of hair re-growth) may not be visible for two to three weeks because new hair growth is hard to see with the naked eye in its early stages.
What is a dog ringworm? A closer look
It’s one of the most frequent fungal skin conditions affecting pets of all shapes and sizes, from horses and show cattle (yes, livestock get ringworm too!) to dogs and cats. If you’re new to dogs, you might think this condition involves worms, but actually, nothing could be farther from the truth.
Caused by a fungus, it thrives on the dead tissue of skin and hair. This dead skin/hair tissue process is completely normal and happens all the time in animals, as well as humans. Ringworm is easily transmitted from animal to animal, human to animal, animal to human via microscopic fungal spores that cannot be seen by the naked eye.
"What does ringworm look like on a dog?"
If you suspect a ringworm infection, the best visual indicator in dogs is a small circular pinkish bare spot — about the size of a dime — where your dog has lost all of its hair. But in severe cases, you could see lesions, scaling, and crusting. Ringworm’s symptoms make it a fairly easy problem to identify, but it’s always a good idea to consult your veterinarian for a definitive diagnosis.
Banixx is the preferred, effective home treatment for ringworm in dogs and cats. The reason that Banixx is such a successful solution is due to its potent anti-fungal properties. Banixx's low pH composition makes it impossible for fungus and its wily army of fungal spores to survive --these predators simply cannot live in a low pH environment.
Even better, Banixx does not sting and has no clinical odor — these are crucial qualities in making it easy to apply to your dog. It is totally safe around the eye, and it's gentle on tissue, quickly helping to repair any skin that has been irritated or inflamed due to ringworm. It will not stain your dog’s fur and since it’s not oily or sticky, it will not mess up your carpet or your furniture. If you want to know how to get rid of ringworm in dogs, this is the easiest and gentlest treatment on the market.
Can my dog get ringworm?
Yes, he can! The first sign of ringworm may be a small, pink, circular bald area on your dog’s skin as pictured above.
Warning! Don’t ignore these early symptoms – this is the time to act to avoid a rampant ring worm infestation and to additionally prevent spreading it to your other pets or …to YOU! Spray the affected area with Banixx Pet Care and continue spraying 3-4 times daily, until you see no new lesions. Because this is a FUNGUS, it multiplies rapidly via multiple invisible microscopic spores.
HOW IS RINGWORM TRANSMITTED?
Ringworm in dogs, cats, and any other pet is extremely infectious and can be easily transmitted from animal to animal, or even animal to human, through infected grooming supplies, tack, or even skin-to-skin (nose to nose for dogs!) contact.
Please click here to learn about ringworm on dogs, cats, horses and cattle, where it comes from, and what precautions/preventive measures to use.
As always, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. By "prevention" we mean being proactive and involved in your pet's welfare.
For example, if you are using Banixx for a particular problem and results are not seen in a few days or, if the situation seems worse — don't hesitate — it's time to consult with your local veterinarian!
HOW TO PREVENT RINGWORM
Although it’s one of the most common ailments your pup can experience, there are several steps you can take to make sure he or she doesn’t catch it:
- Wash bedding regularly: Make sure you clean any beds, blankets or mats your dog uses for sleeping, and do it on a regular basis. Use hot water and detergent, or bleach if it doesn’t irritate your dog’s skin.
- Clean and disinfect your floors: Keep the floors around your home clean by vacuuming frequently and mopping with dog-friendly disinfectants, such as isopropyl alcohol, vinegar or baking soda.
- Groom on a regular schedule: Keeping up with grooming not only helps your fuzzy friend look and feel better, but it also helps prevent ringworm infections from taking hold. Wash brushes, towels etc. on a regular basis in hot water.
How do you get rid of ringworm on a dog? The answer may be simpler than you think. Just a few weeks of using Banixx, as described above, and being mindful of his environment then you and your dog can say goodbye to pesky infections.
Customers 5-star Comments Saying Banixx is the Best Treatment for Ringworm
"Have a Mini-Schnauzer with several skin ailments from itchy bumps to yeast that looks like ringworm, not to mention his grain/potato allergies. After hundreds of hours of research, I found this Banixx spray. It worked like a charm and saved me what could've been thousands of dollars. I called the company and their customer service was excellent. The horse and pet version of this spray is one in the same. I pray this post helps someone looking for something that helps soothe and heal various skin ailments on our beloved pets."Customer 5 Star Testimonial from Teresa via Amazon
"This helped the ringworm that my dog was suffering from. Will order again if needed."Amazon Customer 5 Star Review by Barbara regarding Banixx Medicated Shampoo & Ringworm
"This (shampoo) is a must-have for dogs with skin conditions. Great for yeast and soothes the skin. Works to heal skin. 8 washes in one bottle if used as directed."By Amazon Customer - 5 Star Review