How To Treat Yeast infections in Dogs with Banixx
As a common but troublesome ailment for dogs, a yeast infection is a type of fungus that shows up as skin redness, rashes, and really dry, itchy skin on your dog. The itching can become so irritating and uncomfortable that your dog may scratch until he or she loses patches of hair and open sores develop. Fortunately, Banixx is one of the most effective, non-stinging, dog yeast infection treatments on the market. When it comes to itch relief, it’s second to none for your dog.
Banixx Pet Care is an anti-fungal spray that gets right to the cause of your dog’s discomfort. Other treatments only address the symptoms, but Banixx fights yeast dermatitis in dogs by eliminating the fungus quickly, safely and effectively. How? Its unique pH solution is completely inhospitable to fungus growth. Apply it two to three times per day directly to your dog's dry skin, being sure to completely saturate it. Since Banixx works on contact, it’s a good idea to massage it into your dog’s skin so that it penetrates well. Consider using disposable gloves so as not to spread the infection.
Banixx Pet Care is moreover
- Contains no steroids or antibiotics
- Safe to use around your dog’s eyes and mouth
- Non-oily and non-sticky making it a breeze to apply - and - no mess on your furniture or carpets!
- It produces no burning sensation upon application and has no clinical odor to make your pup uncomfortable or scared
This makes it a highly effective weapon for any dog ear yeast infection treatment. If he or she licks it off after you apply it, it won’t cause any harm. You’ll just need to make sure to reapply so it can continue to do its job. Banixx goes to work immediately and can typically clear infection within a few days, so you and your dog can start feeling better in short order. If you’re wondering, “How can I treat my dog’s yeast infection at home?” — Banixx IS your solution.
What Is a Yeast Infection? A Closer Look
Yeast is a type of fungus that can cause irritation and pain. It's generally present on your dog’s skin in low concentrations, but it doesn’t do any harm. However, under certain conditions or situations, something goes awry in your dog’s system and triggers yeast microbes to begin multiplying out of control. This is when it becomes a nuisance, causing patches of dry, uncomfortable skin that make your pet scratch incessantly. This condition is called pruritis, and it can be caused by allergies and parasites as well as by fungal infections. If you notice your pup is having a tough time with itching, it’s important to seek help from your veterinarian.
Signs of a Yeast Infection
As a pet owner, it’s crucial to be on the lookout for any signs of illness or discomfort in your four-legged friend. Here are some of the most common signs of a yeast infection in dogs:
- Skin color: Reddish or pinkish patches of dry dog skin could be an indicator of fungus. Gray or black splotches could indicate a more serious outbreak.
- Unpleasant odor: If your dog smells badly and itches, there’s a good chance he or she may be suffering from a yeast infection.
- Head shaking: Many times, these infections occur in and around the ears, causing your pup to shake his or her head excessively.
- Licking: If your dog spends a lot of time licking the same spot on his or her body, it could mean he or she is trying to relieve the itching. Obsessive paw licking is a tell-tale indicator.
- Swelling: If left untreated for long enough, a yeast infection could lead to swelling and redness in the afflicted area.
Many products are advertised as dry, itchy dog skin relief, cure, or skin allergy remedies but, in truth, the answer generally lies in a multi-faceted approach involving diet, environment and a quality skin application such as Banixx. Buy Banixx or buy online.
"Darwin had suffered with hot spots and itchy skin problems forever...nothing seemed to help and I did not want to have steroids administered since I was afraid of the long term consequences for my pup. Luckily for us, I found Banixx. I can't thank [Banixx] enough for making this product. It is hands down the best thing out there for hot spots and my dog's itchy, irritated skin. Darwin thanks you, too!" ~Rachel
"My five-year-old German Shepherd had a skin issue. She had a spot on her back and little flaking going on that caused scabs to fall with some hair. Used this product for about five days straight and she was back to normal with no further issues. Her hair has since come back as well!" ~Amazon Chic
Aga, a Scottish Terrier who writes for "In and around Horse Country" magazine, reports this about Banixx:
"I have been dermatologically challenged over the last year, due to a chronic skin yeast infection and have had to wear coats to protect my skin from endless scratching ... my owner tried this new product, Banixx. She began spraying me daily with it. The itching and scratching stopped within one day and my hair began growing back ... I grew enough hair that I needed to be clipped! Let me tell you, that was a real achievement! I am joining the list of customers who rave about Banixx. This is the best allergy relief for dogs! Four paws WAY up from me!"
Causes of Yeast Infections
There are many ways that yeast on a dog’s skin can turn into an infection. Among the most frequent causes are:
- Immune system problems: If your dog’s immune system is not working well, it can’t keep yeast at a manageable level. If it’s working too hard, it can trigger allergic reactions and inflammation that could lead to infections.
- Diet: Eating food with too many carbs and sugars could create a sugar imbalance in your dog’s body where yeast can thrive and grow out of control. And don’t forget to look at the ingredients of your dog’s favorite treats!
- Moisture: Yeast loves a damp, humid environment. Water that becomes trapped in your dog’s ears after swimming or bathing could provide the perfect breeding ground for yeast. Moreover, matted hair provides a similar warm, moist environment for fungus growth leading to a similar outcome.
My husband and I recently rescued a seven year old chocolate lab dog named Forrest. He came to us with a double ear infection and skin yeast infection. We took him to the vet to be treated, but the spray and antibiotics they gave us didn't help. My poor rescue boy was absolutely miserable. He was constantly itching! Between using the Banixx shampoo and spray he is now comfortable with no sores or inflammation on his stomach. Forrest says, "thank you Banixx!"
How to Prevent Yeast Infections
Here are some tips you can use to help prevent these breakouts on your furry friend:
- Clean the ears: Use a cotton ball or sterile gauze as an ear wipe to gently clean out your dog’s ears. Moisten the ear wipe with a low-pH cleaning solution such as Banixx Pet Care.
- Watch for summer heat: Extreme heat and humidity are ideal conditions for yeast to grow uncontrollably. Keep your puppy cool and dry during the height of summer when rain and hot weather create the perfect environment for yeast proliferation.
- Always dry your dog after a bath or swim: Don’t rely on your dog’s shaking to remove all the water — use a soft towel or chamois to dry your pet completely. Being particularly attentive to his ears, armpits and groin area Consider the use of Banixx Medicated Shampoo to cleanse his skin and hair. It’s a soap-free shampoo complete with conditioning marine collagen. In addition, 4% chlorhexidine formula takes care of any harmful microbes that your dog may pick up. Being a soap-free, moisturizing shampoo, you can use it frequently with no downside.
- Watch what your dog eats: Pay attention to the food you’re serving up; make sure he gets a balanced diet. Dog food labels can be challenging, do your own research to find a balanced high-protein dog food. Seek our a reputable pet supplies stores where informed staff may be able to assist you in your research.
If you want to know how to safely treat yeast infections in dogs in the most effective manner, Banixx has you and your pup covered. Our powerful-yet-gentle formula can deliver itch relief for your dog in a matter of days. Relief really can be that simple.
"Summer, my dog, has suffered with a red, sore itchy belly skin for some time. She does not have fleas. All I got from the Vet visit was a steroid shot for her that cost me plenty and only worked for a month. Sorry I don't have a photo from Day One but here she is at Day Two of treatment and then, several days, later..."Summer after Banixx applications". Thank you for a wonderful, fast working, non-pricey product"
"I was a little weary that this would work since it has no clinical odor and looks likes water. I've been using it for only a few days and my American bulldog/Great Dane mixs skin is already looking better! He had some aggravated skin on his chin under his lip and a skin fold on his stomach and it went from red and dry to pink in only using it 3 times. I highly recommend this. He most likely had some dry skin or a fungal infection but this works incredibly well! I spray him straight from the bottle but the area in his chin I spray lightly and damp with a paper towel. "Meggil, via Chewy
"Great product! My dog has been to the vet numerous times for recurrent skin issues. After taking medication he would clear up for a couple of weeks but then the skin issues would come right back. I stumbled upon Banixx while browsing online and it has been a game-changer! My dog’s skin has completely cleared up, hair is growing back where it had fallen out, and his fur is so soft. Highly recommend!!"Leigha P., via Amazon
"I researched the best product for my dog's itchy skin infection. After reading reviews on several sites on so many different products, I found this one to have the best. After using it twice a day for 3 weeks not only did her skin get better but her hair also grew back on her tail. This is the only product I will ever use on any spots she will ever have. Thankful to have found it."By Crystal (Amazon Customer)
"Great Product, my old dog had a skin infection and was being treated with meds but she kept losing her hair, vet said she could only control the infection but her hair would not come back, within a week not only has her hair grown back but it's kept her infection under control a lot better than all the meds we had to give her. Spent over 1000.00 trying to clear this up, and all the meds made the dog throw up all the time. Try this, it works 100%."Rita S., via Amazon
" My dog had a fairly common condition that made his paws smell like stinky Fritos. What a Smell! His feet were red from constant licking. The vet said it was an allergy, it was yeast related [that results in dog skin yeast infection] and I should buy expensive special food from him. I did not do this but, I used to sell Banixx, so, one day, the light went on. I soaked a gauze in Banixx and every day I cleaned his feet with it, giving special attention to the area between his toes. In a few weeks the problem was solved. Now he's clear and we’re both feeling fine. I treat him every other day as a preventative. This was a bad yeast problem. Maybe others can be helped by my experience." Dwight B, Retired Animal Health OTC Sales Person, from Albertson, NC
" Our mostly-white bulldog has had skin irritations off and on, and mainly she incessantly licks and chews her tail. This dog itching spray helped immediately. We apply it two times per day, have noticed a huge decrease in her irritations. Also the ingredients are not harmful to canines, so even if she licks it, it is not a problem. We turn it into a treat time for her so she thinks it's special. HIghly recommended." Stella, via Amazon